Friday 5 September 2014

The Silent Rebellion

Hi!

So I seem to have acquired a nickname for myself. Well, one person used it but I liked it, so it's my new nickname (completely 100% accurate logic.)  I was nicknamed "The Silent Rebel." My school is very strict on appearance regulation; we can't wear any make-up, dye our hair, have hair that's too short, have unkempt uniform, etc.  I think this is absolutely ridiculous and don't want to be confined by these rules, yet I'd rather not spend my days scrubbing my face in the hallway either. Therefore I became "The Silent Rebel."  I wear make-up, I have slightly unkempt uniform and my shoes are against regulation, but never so much that I can be called out on it. (No, nobody has ever noticed and no it isn't actually some cool activism, but it makes me feel so sly.)

So no, this post isn't just all about me, I'd like to share with you how to be a Silent Rebel. First of all is the make-up. This is a tutorial which will teach you how to hide all the dark and blemished areas without being so caked that you'll get caught - I like to save that for the weekends.

Firstly, tie your hair up and pin it away from your face.




Next, moisturise your face all over.


The next step is to use an eye brightening cream. (If you can't get your hands on one of these, just move onto the next step.) Apply this to the bags under your eyes, your creases and your darker areas.



Apply concealer to the same areas that you applied the eye brightening cream and any other areas you may want to hide.



Apply powder to wherever you applied concealer.


 Take some dark eye shadow or an eyebrow pencil and lightly shade the shape of your eyebrows.


Okay, now hear me out on this one. If you're familiar with the idea, you'll know how amazing it is. If this is a new concept to you, just listen. The next step is to apply lip balm to your eyelashes.  It conditions and separates the lashes just as mascara does yet without adding the heavy colour. You can put it on a clean mascara brush, or like this next ridiculous gif, just blink straight onto it.


And there is your finished look! Like I said, this look isn't heavy and doesn't really look like you're wearing make-up. It's a bare faced look that leaves you looking fresh, natural and wide awake when really it's 8am and you're sleeping with your eyes open.

Have fun with this look!

Tabitha x


No comments:

Post a Comment